Monthly Archives: December 2011

Sensenbrenner – Not our words!

Politics close to the bone in Wisconsin. Okay, nowhere near his bones. Rich, white, and stupid.


Too many melkterts, me thinks, Minister

You have to wait for Nhlanhla Nene, Chairperson of South African Finance Portfolio Committee to come a cropper, but it is amusing.  He is of sturdy stock.


Feeling Quirky ?

Something for everyone, some men in uniform, and the winsome form of one State Labor MP Margaret Quirk. Ph-wa!


The Last Lunch for Larcher

This is the guide to cooking poms fritte, use it well my friends.

A long career with his sizable snout in the trough comes to a close for Gerard Larcher, recently retired as President of the French Senate.

Larcher blamed multiple marriages amongst immigrants for their poor job getting skills. He was out to lunch at the time.

Larcher will be most remembered for fighting for poms fritte to be enshrined as a national dish, and a permanent addition to the Senate menu.

Larcher was most proud that French women managed to maintain their trim figures while on a diet rich in butter and snails.

Looking at Larcher we now know how French women keep trim, they give their portions to their husbands.

Vive le Larcher – the larder of the French people will always be open to you.  Well, at least in the Senate cafeteria.


Christie Puts Meat on Romney’s Bones

Chris Christie has been dragged half way across America to help backstop the Presidential campaign of Mitt Romney in Iowa.

Romney is a serial flip-flopper , a lover of less than conservative causes, and not exactly a man of the peeps.

So Romney as the rep of the 1% brings in all of the other 99% in the corpulent frame of one Chris Christie.

Christie is one of those timeless Big Bobs, a politician who has that prized skill of being able to talk directly and effectively with people.  With Christie you know what you get, and yes, it comes with a side order of fries.

But like most politicians if the story is not about Christie then why are we even talking ?The reality of Christie’s endorsement of Romney is that it is all about Christie.

No doubt Christie will be a prominent surrogate for Romney during 2012 which can only boost his profile .

The hometown boost is already in, from a 47-44 negative rating amongst New Jersey voters mid 2011, following the national exposure, the numbers are now a very positive 54-36.

A strong showing during the 2012 campaign will boost Christie’s re-election chances in New Jersey in 2013, and gives him the 2016 Presidential platform he needs.

Assuming that Romney wins the nomination and loses the general election, he will be Christie’s new friend and moneybags for 2016.

Let me speculate some – Christie gets re-elected and for his health gets a lap band and loses 150 lbs.  This personal salvation story is almost a movie of the week, there is at least an inspirational story of struggle for an autobiography.  And appearances on the View talking about being a former fatty.

Then he meets  Gov Nikki Haley and they form a dream GOP ticket in 2016.

Or he abandons his fat free future, supersizes , and eats her with a side order of dahl.

Which would you rather see ?